1. Make two crazy blocks in blues for group charity quilt.
2. Make two Bee Blessed Ladder Strip blocks to send to Just Jude
3. Make at least four more of NYB (New York Beauty) scrappy blocks.
4. Start on Pretty Pouch swap when I get my swap buddy's details.
5. Start on one dressmaking item for myself.
So far I've managed the following
1. Two crazy blocks finished. I just have to trim them down.
2. Two Bee Blessed blocks made. Here is one of them.
4. I will get my Pretty Pouch swap buddy's details around the 23rd of January so until I know what she wants I can't get started.
5. I have a pattern and fabric picked out to make a top for myself. As soon as I get my other two NYB blocks finished for this month I will cut it out.
For me that is not a bad going. If I can keep on track then I will be very happy at the end of the month.
Workwise this is a busy month for me (end of year reports, start of new tax year and first payroll run of 2013). Hubby also decided that he was not too busy (he is a market gardener/horticulturist, that's a posh way of saying he and his family grow vegetables and herbs) so he is redecorating our sitting room. This involved moving everything except the sofas out of the room so the hall and every other room is now full of stuff. I've bought the paint, new curtains, curtain poles, light fittings etc. He has filled in holes and cracks in the walls, sanded, painted the ceiling and drilled for the new light fittings. He's hoping to make a start on painting the walls today which will need two coats (as he lights the fire everyday the soot on the walls was quite bad and no amount of washing would take it all off). Hopefully by Sunday we might have our sitting room back. Tilly and Fudge (cat and dog) will be happy as their favourite sleeping area is out of bounds. Fudge is getting bigger all the time.
Here he is getting a belly and chest rub (which he loves) from my oldest daughter. He really is just a big baby. You might spy a quilt in the bottom right of the photo. This is the first quilt I made at the classes I went to in 2002. Lisa loved purple then so it is an all purple sampler quilt. I hand quilted it and lets say my stitches are all different sizes but it has lasted well and she still loves to snuggle up under it.
Hope you all had a great weekend. Best wishes.