Friday 13 July 2012

FNSI

It's that time again, Friday Night Sew In.
If you want to join in head over to Heidi's.
I hope to make two needlecases for two swaps this month.  I've picked out some fabrics for one and a pattern.  I'll post photos tomorrow of what I managed to get done.

I was involved in a swap between the Modern Irish Quilt group and the Atlanta Modern Quilt group for a mini quilt.
This is the quilt I made for ??????? (it's a secret until it arrives at her house).
My secret partner likes blues, spots and solids so I tried to use these.  The small coloured squares start off as three inch squares which are then folded down onto a two inch foundation to form a folded square in the centre.
I've used this method before to make a bag for my daughter but it was made of all folded squares and also for making one side of a small pouch for a previous swap.



Eldest daughter is heading off for a 2 day Adventure 2 sailing course this weekend along with 9 other "Senior Junior" sailors, two instructors and boat owners.  They have to plot their courses tonight, stock up on their food and head off bright and early tomorrow morning.  This course also involves staying on board overnight with watch turns.  I hope the weather is calm enough for them all but with enough wind to make it enjoyable.

 Have a great weekend everyone.






2 comments:

  1. What lovely work...the bag is stunning. Hope your Daughter has a great weekend sailing.
    Hugs Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lucky person is getting a neat quilt from you! What a nice bag for your daughter. I hope that the weather is good for her sailing. If she takes any photos, would you mind sharing them with us?

    ReplyDelete