Sunday 18 March 2012

FNSI projects

A Happy Mothers Day to all (mothers day here in Ireland and the UK).
Friday was Friday Night Sew In and I managed to get the following done.
This is a mug rug for a secret swap on flickr.  My partner likes flowers so the front is a very scrappy paper pieced leaft and the back has some flowers to which I've added some hand stitching and french knots in the centre.  I hope she likes it.


I also managed to get a start on a New York Beauty project.  I am stitching this one by hand.  It is a panel of 16 blocks which a lady at my quilt group was selling.  I like these as I can stitch them at night while watching something on the telly.

As you can see it is really scrappy as I'm using a very random group of 5 and 1/2 inch charm squares.

On a different note, I received the following during the week.  They were from my work colleagues to celebrate the fact that I have worked for the same company for 30 years.  Aren't they lovely?

Today is a beautiful sunny day, a little bit cold in the wind but a great day for a walk.  Hubby, youngest daughter, dog and myself went for a walk around the cliffs this morning.  Thought you might like to see what it looked like today.
The cliffs


As you can see we had a lot of rain on Saturday

Lambay Island

Loughshinney village

This is a ring fort, the gully is what remains of a moat (there is still water in it).  The story goes that some of the oldest kings of Ireland are buried in this ring fort.

This is Drummanagh Martello Tower

Everytime we have gone on this walk we see three cormorants on this rock.

Everyone goes at their own pace on our walk and as usual I am last.

One of the beaches.

Hope everyone has a great weekend (bank holiday here on Monday0.



10 comments:

  1. Your Mug Rug is beautiful and so are the photos of where you live! I hope to one day travel to Ireland :) Have a lovely day!!!

    Karen sewmuch2luv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy mother's day, Linda. Gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda. I love your mugrug - really pretty, I'm sure your swap partner will love it. I would. Ireland is looking lovely in your photos - isn't it nice when the sun shines ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Linda! Your mug rug is gorgeous! And thank you so much for sharing all your picture. Ireland is on my bucket list and I am hoping one day I get to see all of that beauty in person. I appreciate you sharing like this! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How rude of me! Happy Mother's Day! (I am sorry I didn't say that in my first post!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This are amazing pictures! Ireland can be so beautiful .. if the grey and rain stops for a sec!

    Lovely mug rug

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your mug rug and congrats on how long you have been at your job. The scenery of your walk was breathtaking. Thanks for sharing those pics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Linda,
    You did a lovely job on your mug rug! Thanks for sharing the amazing photos-everything is so green there.
    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Linda, great scenery and I love your mug rug..very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a wonderful place!! I would like to walk along the cliffs and over the meadows.
    your mugrugs are beautiful - greetings
    Veri

    ReplyDelete