Sunday 14 August 2011

Holidays and high days

Sorry I haven't been posting for a while but I was on hols (yippee). We spent a lovely week in West Cork in a small village called Durrus. We had a wonderful week, eating plenty of good food, visiting some lovely places.
Youngest daughter was happy as it was her birthday while we were away and her wish was to visit Fota wildlife park. Here are a few of the photos from our day there.


We also took a boat trip to Cape Clear island. A very tranquil place. Here are some photos of some of the lanes we walked.

On the island we visited the church, quess what I found, a tiled floor, another quilt pattern maybe?
sorry for the blurry picture, I still can't get to grips with the different settings on my camera.
The trip out on the boat was a very enjoyable one partly due to the lovely views but mostly to the very informative captain who was very knowledgable on all the different islands, areas, people, sealife and on our return journey even played the squeeze box (accordian) and sang for us.







2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Fota! Would go there today if I could :) Cape Clear island looks like a beautiful place, too. Glad you had such a nice adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the wonderful photos with us! What a view of the ocean as you were walking along the lane.

    ReplyDelete